View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 19:09   Link #18
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Mine still hasn't shifted...

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The most fun show I've seen yet. I've seen some episodes nearly a dozen times, yet still find it enjoyable. Plus it introduced me to the novel series, which has been a very good read too.

2. Last Exile - One of my earliest favorites, I loved the chess metaphors and the fantastic world in the sky displayed in this show.

3. Azumanga Daioh - Quirky, fun, and never fails to make me smile. It's certainly not laugh-out-loud funny, but the consistant humor will likely remain dear to my heart.

4. Kanon 2006 - Never expected this to make my favorites list, but I was quite surprised by how good this was. I'm still dazzled by the snow and water animation effects. We'll see if Clannad can usurp this position.

5. Rozen Maiden - Another show that I never expected to enjoy until I actually saw it for myself. Blends drama and comedy well, although I think I liked the comedy more. That infamous "stair wars" episode about strawberry do-ra-ma shall never cease to make me laugh.