View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 12:43   Link #107
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
While I get what you're saying, I'm not sure if this frames the issue properly.

Most harem anime male leads are not incorrigible lechs that will take every opportunity to "have their way with" women.

Most of the set-ups for tsundere abuse involves some sort of bizarre accident where the guy and the tsundere female somehow get tangled up in a compromising way, and/or the guy accidentally stumbles in on the tsundere female in a state of an undress.

But 9 times out of 10 it is, in fact, a genuine accident (i.e. it's not a clever lech pretending to stumble into the girl's washroom when he really was trying to sneak a peek ). In some of these cases, maybe you could say that the male lead is a horribly clumsy bungler who had it coming to him, but there's also a fair number of cases where it really is an obvious, understandable accident and the guy shouldn't be punched for it.
Eh, I’m not sure you’re giving sufficient recognition to the female perspective here. The guy’s intention does matter, but at the end of the day the bottom line for her is likely to be that he saw her naked. In other words, DON’T DO THAT YOU IDIOT.

That said, I don’t think anime necessarily portrays the retribution all that accurately – your typical tsundere probably isn’t going to punch you out on the spot. More likely, she’ll be embarrassed and then give you some good jabs to the ribs and heckling about it later.

(The tsunderes I’ve known in real life tend to go for the ribs… usually, the level of force clearly isn’t intended to actually hurt that much as their intention is to make a point rather than cause damage, though underestimation is fairly common. Also, one of them used used a kendo stick one time and… yeah, even a light jab feels pretty powerful)

I also think, regardless of the tsundere reluctance to forgive (try and imagine Taiga swallowing her pride... yeah), that bashful apologetics are an underexplored frontier in tsundereism.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote