View Single Post
Old 2009-07-27, 13:45   Link #1285
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well that was a nice little Friday news-dump…Multi-quote posting alert! (_(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Oh really?

I said he had the world on his side, not that the world agreed with THE DESTINY PLAN…My only point was that if he were to pass something like the DP he’d need the support of millions if not billions…C’mon man get it together…
Quote:
Do note that Durandal had precisely zero supporters for his plan outside of his circle of followers. Look, if you want to make arguments, go ahead and make them. But please don't write such easily refutable falsehoods.
Please note that I never said he did, just that he had the political capital to bring this plan (however dumb or flawed) to the people. Secondly, as if it were a spinning record, listen to the hook: ♪♫ “Get your $hit together…wingdarkness never said that…” ♪♫

Thirdly (Since you’ve screwed this up twice), with pointy-thing scraping against chalk-board as I explain, Dullindal had the support of millions, if not billions with pretty much only Orb and Switzerland being clearly against him (Him being the Zaft-Faith military after the death of Djbril)…To get the DP passed he would need the support of millions, If not billions…Do you get it now? These things aren’t completely exclusive…It just shows you the political capital he had to ATTEMPT at getting the DP passed…Which on a scale makes Lacus “OMGBBQ we he must be pure evil” ridiculous (When like you said, maybe he’d have no-support)…That’s my point, the DP couldn’t do $hit without support therefore it’s not an imminent threat...Maybe the 3rd time is the charm with you….

Quote:
While it's true that for the Plan to have a reasonable chance of working, it had to enjoy a broad spectrum of support. However, this support wasn't just weak, it was basically nonexistent (how the heck do you construe this as "willing to listen" anyways). Given that he still tried to force it through, it does speak volumes about his personality and the stark choices everyone else had.
Again, no point…I’m really not disagreeing with this…You’re agreeing with Lacus’ motivation for going after Dullindal based on some scribble in a notebook… I’m saying that Dully had an actual vehicle in place to try and start the DP, unlike Lacus who had nothing but an omnipotent Mary Sue moment to go against him….Yet she’s just as smart and cohesive as him? Dully had put together a super world-wide campaign in his favor; it was team Kira’s unstoppableness that “forced” Dully to go bat$hit in the end…I can’t even blame him…

Quote:
I'd agree that attacking Orb was within Durandal's perogative, as was attacking Lacus. However, doing that kind of thing will also make his own head fair game. But my point that you're trying to refute (I think) was that Durandal needed to have Meer in order to have much chance of implementing the Destiny Plan properly. Once, that plot fell apart, Durandal had nothing left, and so he abandoned all that he had accomplished and went with intimidation. This is an entirely reasonable chain of events as opposed to your claim that it's unreasonable.
Jesus man, where are you getting this stuff? I really never mentioned Meer…I’ve never said much beyond if Dully wanted the DP passed he would need support from millions, if not billions…Thru his actions all the way until he snapped and tried to destroy Orb and his own men, he still had a platform with these same millions, and billions of people to potentially implement his plan....Even after Meer was known as a fraud, Djbril’s immediate destruction of the Plants shifted the public support overwhelmingly in Dully’s favor STILL…That’s why Dully is smiling his a$$ off after Djbril gets vaporized because it gave him even more fuel to go ahead with his campaign (So Meer didn’t matter after the Plants got hit—she may have helped initially, but the urgency of Djbril’s actions gave Dullindal, in his mind [hence the smiling], an even better chance at his endgame…

Quote:
And quit that supercilious strawman trick. It brings up precisely no points, and it doesn't further your argument one bit. If you want to make general complaints, at least try to back them up with some semblence of examples.
What you call “supercilious”, I call creative writing, and as long as I have an audience that agrees, I’ll keep churning it out…You’re really like clockwork with the “strawman this, strawman that $hit…” It should really be your catchphrase…This isn’t PBS, this is public access, so I’ll always reserve the right to be cool and flashy while still debating fairly intelligent…My debating you doesn’t negatively suffer much, trust me…