View Single Post
Old 2007-10-08, 12:19   Link #582
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Most people gave the episode a 10.
Most people vote ten for everything (seriously, look at all the polls!). It's usually a "do I like this show" or "do I not like this show" mind-set, with people giving a show a ten if they like it and not voting at all if they don't care for it.

Quote:
I love that he is a humble character and that his story came full circle with him inspiring a child in the end.
It didn't really come full circle, Simon never turned into Kamina, which is in essence who "Garlock" was. Don't bring up eleven's speech, Garlock was his own man and an imitation of Kamina - it was in his own style. And it's not like the kid really cared all that much about Simon's help, there was no "soul brother/parent" relationship between the two.

Quote:
Garlock would have been cool but I am not entirely sure I would have loved his character as much as I ended up loving Simon.
Captain Harlock > Getter Robo in my mind. Robo was a kid's show, albeit a fun one that went a little insane with the OVAs, not unlike GGGF. But Harlock is a classic larger-than-life romance story, the upper tier for writing when it comes to shounen. One Piece is but a pale derivative of Harlock and Dragonball.

Quote:
Not to mention at other boards I've been to there is no complaining at all. Most people are saying this is the best Gainax ending in a long time.
I quite agree. But Gainax has such a notorious history with endings fans of their work made up the joke "LOL GAINAX" to refer to those bad ends.