View Single Post
Old 2006-12-31, 03:45   Link #32
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Wow... I wasn't expecting the No.2 choice to be so far in the lead. I voted for the first one.

1) To me, this felt the most natural. When Kyon is narrating in the series, he is talking to the viewer and thus he needs to have clarity in his narration. His in-anime speech needs some working, but from what I hear from this clip, I am willing to give him a chance.

2) His in-anime speech is good, but his narration is poor. A huge bulk of Kyon's dialogue is in the form of narration, and if I have to plant my ears to the speakers in order to hear him, I think that is not quite right.

3) Zzz... bad acting. They probably inserted him into this audition out of pity or something.

4) A bit... too dramatic. The voice is good, but wrong for Kyon. Kyon is more of a nonchalant character( although he secret desires extraordinary events) and the voice has to reflect that.

5) Ironically, he has a narrator's voice, but the wrong kind. He's the kind of narrator that is supposed to be a disembodied voice, and not an actual character.

Cheers.