Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-09-10, 08:40   Link #643
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
How is it a side track? You're making the worst accusation you can possibly make of a character in the show.
I can think of worse stuff than "he's a bully".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Being not very likable is is not a crime and implying these things are equivalent is an extreme disservice to actual bully victims around the world. These people are not victims of "being called names". These people often have lasting physical and/or mental damage due to the torture they have to endure that society just chooses to ignore for some mad reason
That there are many degrees of bullying doesn't mean Bakugo's actions don't classify as bullying. It's ironic you should get so heated up about this when your attitude is probably exactly the kind of attitude that leads teachers and adults in general to ignore bullying issues under their noses. "It's not that serious, there's much worse." I mean, sure, Bakugo didn't literally kill him or beat him to an inch of his life, but that's just the worst possible scenarios. He did hit him, he did insult him, he did gang up on him with the help of other kids. We only got bits and pieces of their childhood, but if we extrapolate from that... He has all the personality markers and the red flags of a typical bully. Not perhaps the worst possible of the lot, but that's like saying the existence of bank robbers excuses the crimes of house thieves.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote