Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-09-11, 07:51   Link #651
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It's your words. You're the ones who say Bakugo is a bully. A bully is a sociopath who irreparably damages other people for their own greed, amusement or to get ahead in life, while society looks on approvingly. They don't learn, never introspect, and always blame others for everything bad that happens to them. That's what you're equating him to. If you don't want him to be equated to a bully then don't call him a bully.

Now, I don't know where in this scenario all the power play is. Or where all the irreparable damage is from him being loud and obnoxious towards some adults. Or where the part is where he consistently blames others for his own shortcomings. But if you're so adamant that he is this thing that you say he is, you win. I'm not sure why this argument is continuing. You already have your "correct".
Your problem is, you're snapping because your definition of bully is so extreme you think it's being unfair to Bakugo to apply to him. You don't seem to realise your definition of bully isn't universal. What you're describing isn't just a bully; it's the worse bully possible. Bakugo acts like a bully - sometimes. I'd argue he doesn't count much more as one in the present day, but that's just because he's now the typical example of a fish who fell into a tank much bigger than him. He thought he was a big deal when he was at school - now he's still good, but he's not the undisputed number one any more, and both teachers and classmates are way less willing than he was used to to just put up with his shit, so he had to knock it down a notch. I wouldn't say he's bullying Deku any more, but that's because at this point Deku has plenty of chances to just walk away and can defend himself, and Bakugo doesn't have a clique following him around, so his insults come off more as the frustrated barking of an angry dog and less as actual vicious bites. But that doesn't mean he's improved much.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote