View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 12:19   Link #446
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I recently saw this article, and found it quite interesting. I thought it was pretty funny even though I'm ambidextrous. Here is what the News Article said:

5 surprising facts about left-handed people

1. They're more affected by fear
In one recent experiment, lefties who watched an eight-minute clip from the film Silence of the Lambs exhibited more symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder than did their right-handed counterparts. That may be because the right side of the brain, which is dominant in lefties, is more involved in the fear response, according to Dr. Carolyn Choudhary of Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, as quoted in The Telegraph. But more research is needed, Choudhary warns.

2. They're angrier
Left-handed and ambidextrous people are more susceptible to negative emotions, including anger. A small study published last year in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease found that the brains of lefties process emotions differently than those of righties, with more communication between the brain's two halves. As a result, the areas that produce negative emotions experience greater activity, according to the Daily Mail. Then again, maybe lefties are just "more angry because the world is designed for the right-handed majority," says John Cloud in TIME.

3. They're more inhibited
That emotional wiring also may explain why righties tend to charge ahead, while lefties "tend to dither," according to behavioral psychologist Lynn Wright, as quoted in NewScientist. A study performed by Wright at Abertay University in Scotland found that lefties were more restrained and more worried about making mistakes.

coincidence or not, its strange how the first 3 resemble Mio lol
Perhaps the designers were aware of that study and were able to cleverly integrate those attributes into Mio's character design. Typically, she's shy around most and only angry at Ritsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Mio IS hawt, sexy, pretty, mature and most importantly, she CAN sing. I mean the REAL kind of singing. XDD not just some shitty annoying *bleeeep* voice
Mio's appearance and attributes certainly endear her design to the audience, a clever bit on KyoAni's part: in the manga, her eyes are sharper and give her some resemblance to Kagami from Lucky Star, but that's probably just me.