Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 11:05   Link #294
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It is so not much as a rule, but to wield a Teigu requires great mental and physical ability. If one possess enough of it, it wouldn't be out of the question to wield two though so far there isn't any indication. We'll have to wait and see, unfortunately it would require us following the Manga for a while it is monthly after all. I have a question about that, if series if popular enough and the author is willing can a monthly series turn to a weekly series?
Umm no that barely if ever happens, it'd be like tripling your work load and you wouldn't neccesarily be getting more money, unless our series actually becomes more popular. Heck most monthy mangaka's have an issue doing 30-40 pages and revert to around 20 despite having 4 times the amount of time of a weekly mangaka to do those pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well, I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely given what we know. I'm sure if such a character should appear the Mangakas will have a suitable explanation. They have done an excellent job so far of maintaining a consistent world while still applying interesting twists to the plot. It's one of the things that makes this a great series.

That's not really how it works. "Akame ga Kill" comes out monthly because it's serialized in a monthly magazine. It's popularity no matter how high won't change that. If Mangaka wants it to come weekly, he would have to move to a different publisher that does that.
Not neccesarily a different publisher and plenty of weekly manga's have gone monthly, (if said publisher has a both a weekly and monthly magazine). it's not an issue of simply moving which is far from rare it's that monthly rarely ever become weekly despite weekly become monthly comparitively often.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote