View Single Post
Old 2011-12-27, 11:59   Link #50
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually I just read something from the SBS when someone was talking about Catarina Devon's design; namely asking why she did not look pretty like in some of the sketches that Oda had in one piece green. There Oda mention that he sometimes spends years redesigning the characters before their formal introduction

Yes, I had Catarina in mind when I made that post, as well. In fact, an even better example to use would be Hancock, whose early design was shown on a color page nearly a decade before being properly introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well i just found it strange why Big mom not bother to defend it's own factory
It's not strange at all. As others already indicated, Big Mom treats her protection more like a "business" than anything. Or to put it in another perspective, imagine that Charlotte is a mafia boss who demands payment from a shop owner for "protection" or else she'll burn down his store. That's EXACTLY how her agreement with mermaid island works. Whitebeard was different because he didn't ask for any favors in return for protection (neither would Luffy for that matter), but this chapter proved that Big Mama is a cruel, sadistic elephant lady who'd gladly wreck a country over something as trivial as candy. So it should be no surprise that she wouldn't keep her own men on patrol near the candy factory if they're busy razing other countries that failed to repay their debt....