View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 12:02   Link #8801
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Well yeah, she controlled him perfectly. She just didn't use magic to brainwash him. She used magic to make him think her voice was Zeref's voice, but she wasn't actually IN control. She manipulated him into doing what she wanted, but Jellal was, technically, doing it of his own free will.

I said that Ultear's version was far weaker than what I'm suspecting Zeref is doing... didn't you read what I wrote? Or are you just arguing for it's own sake? If you want a debate I'm game.

Look "control" and "possession" are words with many degrees to them. I then said the two possessions (Ultear on Jellal and Zeref on Shelia (my suspicion)) are in different leagues from one another. Yet your yelling at me for something I already admitted.

Next off a philosophical question for you... "Define possession on a person's free will"

I say: Possession occurs when a person has given up their free will knowingly or unknowingly to an 3rd party, even if they believe they never did and all their choices where their own. After all our thoughts are just chemical reactions, how easy is it would it be in a series like Fairy Tail for a magic to play with them? To induce a high so strong one fully believes that what they are doing is right or a love so strong that it's worth killing over... etc...

It matter's not if Jellal was enjoying the ride, and thought that's what he wanted to do. What matters is his reaction to continue it after the possession ends and they look back on what they've done. At least that's how I view it.