View Single Post
Old 2013-04-14, 10:39   Link #6
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Animation Quality: 8

Animation was solid for the most part. A few frames were deformed, and certain angles stretched and compressed characters, but otherwise, I can say I liked the animation.

Voice Actors: 8

Kyousuke voicing was my favorite of the lot. His character's writing might play a large part in that, but the VA did a good job portraying him imo. Everyone played their part, but nobody really struck me as outstanding.

Script: 7.5

For the type of story they had to adapt, I liked the way the script was written. There's only so much they could write without dead giving away the "secret" of the world. Visual novel readers were given some cues here and there.

Soundtrack: 8.5

The Little Busters song grew on me after playing the game. That's just the one that gains the most meaning as the story progresses though. LB's soundtrack has emotion going for it. A good number of the songs really tug at the heart strings (Song for Friends, Just One Magic Word, Faraway, etc.).

Editing:

Can't say I really know what this means either.

Enjoyment: 8.5

Having finished reading the visual novel around half way through, I took the liberty of reviewing the episodes before I finished the game. They played with the story order to smoothly transition between arcs, but that was a good move imo. Little Busters the animation had some gains for the original material it lost.

Emotional Involvement: 7.5

With how the character relationships were taken one notch down, there's just not as much character exploration. I liked the characters, but that was mostly from the original format's development.

Overall: 8

Masterpiece would be an overstatement, and good doesn't quite cut it. I give it a better than good.