View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 06:26   Link #28
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Remember, back before this show first aired, when it was mentioned that "sola" means "alone" in spanish and italian? But it was said that it's just a variation of "sora" and there isn't any reason to think it's meant to be anything else.

Looks a little more likely now that the double meaning was intentional, ne?

Ah, I can't say enough how much I'm loving this story. Even if the animation itself is only average (but think how much better "average" is compared to a few years ago). The acting is what makes it so wonderful. Everyone in the cast is doing a great job. Last week I complained a bit about Koshimizu Ami, but not now. And I don't get the criticism of the bg music. It seems fine to me, and a few times during this episode I thought, "what lovely music."

I'm glad I waited for the sub as well. There's so much I would have missed by not understanding the dialog; and the subtext as well. Where episode 3 was a very plain script (not in a bad way!), with nothing hidden; this episode requires a lot of reading into.

There was one moment when I literally said, "Oh my god." It's when Koyori offers the coffee to Aona.
Spoiler:

The writers know very well what they're doing. I gave this episode a 9, but only because I want to save the 10 for an even better episode I expect will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku View Post
I think the theme of the episode was that memories come from moments, and there are some things that symbolise those pieces of time. The coffee, origami, and dolls all have relevance to the characters, but not to us. We're kinda like Mana, wondering why everyone is making such a fuss if none of them seem to care. As we see though, it's the unspoken bonds between people that show why these things are important.

I'm probably reading into it more than one should though.
No, I think that's perfectly true.

A literary critic once said, "Don't tell me your story. Show it to me." And that's what's happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Mana doing the impression of what Koyori should act as was hilarious. 10/10.
There are so many reasons to love Honda Youko. She put so much compassion in her character. Nevermind about Matsuri, if anything tragic happens to Mana I'll be upset.