View Single Post
Old 2008-06-01, 11:16   Link #156
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Believe it or not, Klan did most of the work wearing the VF-27 down. They use something that's akin to general purpose Phase-shift armor. Makes them really tough, but if you hit them enough times, it'll wear out and that's when the structure starts to take the beating.

Notice how Klan took a number of hits without any damage, but sponateously one made her entire suit explode.
It's actually pretty difficult to see how much damage she takes. From what I am able to tell, she takes a glancing hit to the shoulder early on in the engagement then she loses a foot after blowing up the asteroid. Klan loses one arm first and the another arm spins off when she absorbs the rapid fire volleys from Beara. It happens real quickly, but you can actually see both arms break off in a cloud of debris if you watch the scene in slow motion.

Based on Klan's wreckage, the only thing I couldn't account for was the loss of her left leg. I guess that one can be attributed to when she went boom.

Kudos to the production team for animating the wreckage to reflect the damage Klan took during her fight.

edit - on the topic of how much damage Beara took from Klan, it looks like she didn't land a single shot on him. The closest Klan got to hitting him was when her shot blew up the asteroid. From what we are shown, the best we can say is that Beara took little to no damage from the asteroid blast. So I guess we have to give the princess credit for giving the VF-27 quite a beating.

Last edited by cerrian; 2008-06-01 at 11:31.