View Single Post
Old 2008-06-16, 13:46   Link #846
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Going by that line of though, it would be safe to say she contracted at least one of them, hence the familiarity and possible bond.
That was my idea as well, that she's either refering to one of the Emperors, or several, or at the very least some reference to where she took Mao to remove him from others. It is a tomb, and it is holy ground, very few people would be wandering around the area. Though I prefer the idea that it was someone from the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Concurred.

Though the best I can offer towards C.C.'s expressions of relief since Kallen rescued Lelouch, is that she's letting her guard down slightly. The slip with Kaguya certainly was no mistake though in relation to Kallen..I haven't the foggiest why.

As for Lelouch, I have to disagree. Lelouch is not above using the people he knows to his advantage but that would be better done in his own thread.
Well, I'm almost certain that in the 1 year gap and up to now, that C.C. and Kallen have become quite close as friends. Kallen's really the only one displaying any jealousy and that is partly C.C.'s fault for spurring her on. Though, to be honest, her age and experience with these things indicates to me that she's been doing it on purpose. If she gets Kallen to follow through on her own feelings, C.C. stops being the only support for Lelouch, helping her in the long run as she's no longer the only support beam holding up the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I assumed it was a reference to Mao, though I can't imagine when she would have gone there with Mao. She may have been there for a while though and went all over China before finding Mao. We also don't know where she went after she left Mao either I suppose. I've never really bought the Mao was of royal blood since I can't figure how Mao could have ended up on the streets. Wouldn't they rather have had Mao as the head rather than Tianzi. If C.C. somehow knew who exactly Mao was in the event he was royalty, this might explain some of those notes concerning episode 11.
Now that I think of it, the dead person from the World of C who remained unnamed may be one of the Emperors enshrined in the tomb. I have a hard time placing it on Mao as it feels that she was refering to a time long ago, something long before the current time period. Mao could have easily been tossed out for being a bastard child. For whatever it amounts too, he had the same hair as the current Empress and we've seen linearity in traits as per Cornelia and Euphemia.

Quote:
Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a contract with some Emperor in the past either. He tone being like that sounds like things might have gone better than some of her other contracts, though it still failed.
Might be the unnamed speaker she converses with at times.

Quote:
Maybe she thinks Lelouch will make it through okay? Maybe for once her emotions are overriding her notion about the contract since she seemed happy that Lelouch decided to go after Kallen which could indicate she may regard Kallen as a friend or something.

I'm not sure why she is happy about him staying human, but maybe she is happy because it might make her feel that Lelouch will be able to deal with everything and not become like Mao.
Well as I said above, I think she and Kallen have become friends. She worries for her friends, she also knows Kallen is close to Lelouch (and vise versa (she was there when they were casually talking while ontop of one another)). I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she's trying to push them together on purpose, as she's not stopping them and she's been teasing Kallen in ways that push her closer and closer to Lelouch. (This is not some romance nonsense) I could very well see her trying to distance herself on purpose due to what she knows is ahead, and the powers they'll be facing. If she's a bit more removed, Lelouch will be able to worry less, have further support, and be able to fulfill her contract without her being always present.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote