View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 12:37   Link #205
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
You are trying to compare the heart in Laws hands to the body parts flying around as if they were used by the same technique. Law used shamble on all of them but for Smoker heart he used Mes. For your theory to be right Law would have to use shambles on the heart.

I dunno.... to me, it feels like it's the other way around. I mean, the way you and some others talk about it, you guys seem to see the heart as the same as any limbs that get split apart by "Shambles".... that is, that it won't really come to any harm even if it's taken outside of the body. Still, maybe it's just my crazy imagination, but I really can't help but think that a heart, lungs, liver or any vital organs are WAY too delicate when compared to a limb. That is, merely touching them would cause near-unendurable pain to their owners. I mean, I know someone else mentioned why the limbs can move independently from the head, but at least in that case, the brain is still "intact" (i.e. the brain is still protected by flash and bone), which right there is a clear difference between "shambles" and "mes".

That being said, I really feel that if Law really intended to kill Smoker, he could have crushed his heart like a tomato right then and there. However, he placed it in some sort of container instead, as if to keep it safe. Now if there really were no risk in separating the heart from the body, why not just leave it alone so it could flop around like a fish out of water? To be honest, I don't really buy the whole idea of Smoker making his heart intangible, because as powerful as logias are, they haven't really shown that they can control their vitals independently from the rest of their body. If anything, just keeping the thing out in the elements would be enough to kill Smokey (what with the cold weather and all). And couple that with the fact that the VA clearly keeled over after getting his heart stolen (which some people seem to keep ignoring for some reason), and I can feel fairly certain that organs need much more careful handling than limbs.....

And that concludes my long rant of the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
A new chapter would have made my week.

Yeah, curse that lazy sloth Oda! Why'd he have to take a break now, of all times! He better make next week's chapter twice as long to make up for this!