View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 17:41   Link #767
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
I love this game, and since it's forum topic seems to be active again, I want to raise a question.

I've seen this question asked on a couple game forums, but I've never seen a straight answer, nor an odd case like mine. Does anyone know what is the basis behind the online ranking system?

I was fighting a B- ranked cheap player who spammed the same combo over and over again which attacked high and then low making my blocks useless, and there was nothing I could do about it, and they ended up getting a perfect on me. The next two rounds, I manage to find a way around the combo, and then beat them and won the match.

Then after winning, I saw that I went from an E+ to a D-, which is 5 ranks down from what I started on that match! Maybe it's the Perfect they got on me, but how to do you rank down so severely after winning? Ranking down in online play of fighting games doesn't normally bother me, but rather the absurdity of this scenario puzzles me.
Going from E+ to D- actually means you've ranked up by one level, which is a good thing. How online ranking works is how many victories you earn against players your rank or higher. Playing players below your rank won't raise it at all.

For me, and I'm sure many others, had to win 2-3 straight games and the next match will be rank up and you have to win it to raise your rank. Oh yes, if you lose 2-3 to players your own grade or lower you'll get a rank down warning. If you lose your rank will go down by one.

The online ranking goes, I think. Just bear with me.
Spoiler for Persona 4 Arena Ranking System:

F being the lowest, start from there to understand. Well, I hope this helps.