Thread: Licensed Scryed (S-cry-ed)
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-09, 16:00   Link #88
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
That's it exactly. While I enjoyed this show in a slightly more cerebral way, I have to admit that you have summarized the purpose of this show. And the final episode was the epitome of this feeling. I don't know how anyone could have watched more than a few episodes if they don't enjoy the feelings that reached a crescendo in the finale.

How can you compare this show to Infinte Ryvius without taking a blowtorch to your cerebrum. I'd have trouble finding a less likely comparison if you paid me money. Infinite Ryvius had 500% more plot and 500% less testosterone. And the characters... the characters are totally different types of people.
Hehe How can I compare it? Because it was the same people! Scryed, Gundam Seed, Infinite Ryvius and Gundam Seed Destiny were all part of Sunrise.

The director (and storyboard writer) of Scryed is the same as Infinite. Scryed came out a year after Infinite! Now tell me the power that Infinite had was the same as the power of Scryed. Buzz...no way. Look at Planet-Es (Which he directed too), I thought it was wonderful.

1) Why did he produce such a sad looking last 2 episodes? The rest of the series looked much better animation wise.
2) Why did he even bother developing love interests that he basically dropped out of the picture?
3) Why was the last 2 episodes throw away? It didn't improve the story line in any way. All it did was bring a new 'unknown' menance and then kill them off!

The last 2 episodes of Scryed felt like some kind of special OVA developed just to add 2 more episodes. Scryed should've ended at 22. 23 and 24 just wrecked it for me. Episodes 1-22 were on a good track, Epsiodes 23-24 just felt like the Director wanted to leave production as fast as possible, and just wrote a script on a paper napkin.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote