View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 13:18   Link #4883
AutarchSeverian

Quote:
What do you mean by that final sentence, exactly? (The rest of the paragraph I don't dispute, although you'll have to forgive me, but I don't see exactly how it connects to the paragraph you quoted...)
Sorry, I should have explained better, I think I actually meant to... Charles already uses geass users, or at least one geass user, Rolo, as an assassin. Then he finds out from Clovis that C.C. escaped from Clovis's custody shortly before Clovis's death. Additionally, he knows from reports from the military and from Clovis that Clovis was abandoned in the HQ vehicle before being killed, which is pretty eerie and suggests something funny, possibly Geass, was going on. Since Charles knows from Clovis that Lelouch is Zero (well, not Zero yet, but a terrorist working against Brittania), it doesn't take a lot of imagination to conclude that he used Geass to infiltrate Clovis's lines and kill Clovis.
Quote:
Although, if that doesn't convince you, there's a rather bleaker way of looking at it: it Euphie survives the Euphinator incident somehow, then his Geass might be discovered by the Britannian authorities, the very people he's trying to fight. Or indeed, perhaps even worse, his identity might surface. Quite apart from the issue of leaving her alive or killing her, I think it fairly hard to dispute that Lelouch reasoned that the best thing he could do for Euphemia at that point was bringing some good, in however twisted a manner, out of the tragedy that had occurred. The only way for him to do that was to use it for Zero's objectives - and if Zero gets sabotaged, bang go his objectives. Euphemia's life, at that point, might well have been a necessary sacrifice even if there were another way of stopping her participation in the slaughter.
That much I definitely agree with, but because C.C. doesn't always seem as involved with Lelouch's plans as Lelouch himself is, I'm surprised that she didn't propose doing something to cancel the effects of the Geass on Euphy (which I do feel seems to have been a possible power of hers at least at close range).
AutarchSeverian is offline   Reply With Quote