View Single Post
Old 2008-08-24, 02:23   Link #50
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well see, here's my thoughts on many of the posts:

First of all, this isn't an encyclopedia, so you shouldn't have the "oh well, read at your own risk" attitude. I support the strict spoiler policy, and of course, put it in a spoiler tag and mark it accordingly. I have adjusted to be a "don't open every spoiler tag you see" person, and many of you should as well.

The "why should it matter if someone gets spoiled" attitude is quite ridiculous in my opinion. Even if you don't mind, that doesn't mean others think the same as you. I don't want to be watching a series I really enjoy to find an offensive post saying how my favorite character at the moment will die. Of course, the only time I know of where spoilers under spoiler tags are not even allowed is posting manga/novel/game spoilers in anime threads, so if you want to post a spoiler, does it really hurt you to type [spoiler][/spoiler]?

And finally, I just want to remind people (since it still happens to me) that not all spoilers are seen as spoilers to those who don't know the reference. For example, if I post this quote:

Quote:
But I don't want to rest! Not yet. I'm scared! I don't want to die! Just a little more, I want to live just a little more... I want to live...
Then, the person who doesn't know this quote would have no clue what I'm talking about. If someone posts after me screaming out, "SPOILER! WHY DID YOU POST THE QUOTE ABOUT _____ DYING!!!," then it will really become a spoiler. It happens so often everywhere and it really annoys me.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote