View Single Post
Old 2011-07-27, 12:18   Link #6
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Err, is the nomination for male/female characters supposed to be together? Because I saw a decidedly male character (Motoki Kaizu) in the ranks, although I really can't tell otherwise because I recognize less than a tenth of all the characters there.
Due to repeated negative reaction towards Best Moe voters being 60% female until the Quarterfinal stage, the staff decided to change the eligibility criterion from being gender based to Series Orientation based. In return, the controversial 3 year limit has been removed. The Tournament has been named Otaku's division to highlight the fact that series that caters more towards male viewers will be the primary focus of the tournament. The former Male's division has been renamed to Otome's division in return.

The combined Eligibility rule.

1. Series that Staff has evidence of attracting mostly male voters while not attracting much female voters will have ALL, both male AND female characters appearing in the Otaku's division tournament.

2. Series that staff has seen evidence of attracting large number of male voters as well as large number of female voters will have its male characters participate in Otome's division and the female characters participate in Otaku's division.

3. Series that staff don't see large support from neither male voters nor female voters will have its male characters participate in Otome's division and the female characters participate in Otaku's division.

4. Series that Staff believes to likely attract much more female voters compared to male voters will have both its male and female characters participate in the Otome's division tournament.

5. There will be Super Moe Tournament where all series, both male and female characters are eligible. The discussion for the rules of 2011 Super Moe Tournament is scheduled to be held in September and October.

If you have suggestions or opinions towards 2011 Super Moe Tournament rules, please post them here and I will translate and post them in the Anizone's Korean Moe Tournament board for Korean people and staff to see and discuss.