View Single Post
Old 2011-03-04, 01:26   Link #22165
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
How's it speculation? She said it's a nickname that comes from her last name Yasuda. So it's both?
Oh, immblueversion was speculating whether it was Shannon/Sayo's that had a last name of Yasuda. As opposed to the (supposedly) separate person that we were shown in EP7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
How do you figure that? I knew about it. I learned it from kj1980 I admit, but I've talked with people who said "you didn't know that?" When I asked if they knew.
I guess people here at the least would skew more heavily towards knowing. But I thought it was an idea that the reader was supposed to be aware of when they went through the episode. Similar to Jessica cosplaying as Marisa (and thus it not being a real clue about Jessica dressing up as a witch).

Did you guys learn about it after reading EP7 or before? I'm curious because knowing the meme while I was reading it colored how I approached the whole EP7. Continued below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
The thing is, it was basically Yasu herself narrating this; it's not really comparable to Bern's trolling in the Tea Party.
So, I've always had this suspicion that Bernkastel, who became some kind of controller or generator for the story of EP7 was able to figure out a substantial amount of the back story to Umineko but didn't have all the facts. My suspicion is that she then filled in parts of it with things that she needed but wasn't going to change the story.

Case in point, the name of Yasu, was, I thought her way of saying, "I don't really know what the name of the girl is; let's just call her Yasu of 'Hanin ha Yasu' fame."

I thought her control of Claire, forcing the pieces on the game board to talk and even the scene of Will and Lion as pieces she could manipulate at the end showed us that almost the entirety of EP7 was made up by her. Mostly with outside-researched facts from Rokkenjima Prime and whatever else was needed to fill it into a smooth narrative possibly imagined up.

The red guts scene, I thought was because of this. Perhaps the red guts scenes were alternate theories, or facts she (and by extension people on Rokkenjima Prime) dug up and could be interpreted in multiple ways. The happy way or the awful way.

In addition, that's why I thought we never get a sprite for 'Yasu.' To me, both the name and the lack of a sprite makes me think of this character as one big shadow with a '?' on it. Someone we can detect was there, but her details and information are hidden in the shadows behind Shannon, Kanon, Beatrice and whoever else.

It's almost as if she should be named 'Anonymous' or 'Unknown', except the meme about Yasu is that she's supposed to be the Hanin. So, I thought she's supposed to be the 'Convenient Culprit' that Bernkastel shoves at us. And this lines up with what we thought about Beatrice; that she didn't have an active hand in murder but that she was some kind of excuse to blame the tragedy on. (And that's what EP7 showed that we all kinda rejected; that she and she alone had planned all the murder, set the bomb, etc.)

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-03-04 at 01:41.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote