View Single Post
Old 2011-03-06, 19:06   Link #22222
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Are there any latest interviews with Ryukushi on his own thoughts on his series? I love these interpretations though; it's very mind-opening!
But... the author is dead!

Not literally dead, I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
The phrase is "without love it cannot be seen" and there's the maxim "seeing is beleiving".
Whatever form the translation now takes (seen/discerned/understood/etc.), it's funny because it's logically meaningless.

If love == no, then not x is not logically equivalent to if love == yes, then x. Nor to if x, then love == yes. That's my deep thought of the day.
Quote:
Lacking love is not a valid criticism anymore. If one can't see what the author intended than it's not because he doesn't understand, but because the author did a bad job at getting him to understand it. That's my deep thought of the day anyway.
It was never a valid criticism, because it was always used by people under the arrogant assumption that they do "have love" (whatever that means, they certainly rarely ever could say) and those against whom they were arguing didn't. Despite having no way to determine that. Or any idea what it even means.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually mean anything.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote