View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 12:04   Link #122
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, as much as I can't stand the bishie myself, he is actually rather useful in a way- think about it, a rival for Zenkichi= more possible development for Zenkichi and Medaka. True, it's an overused card, but it is a double-edged swrd. It will force Zenkichi to become more active in when it comes to Medaka, in a sense
How? Let's ignore the oneshot. We, readers, know that Zenkichi is in love with Medaka, he said it himself. We also know that Medaka has some feelings for him, she is jealous, she has her "moe" moment in last chapter. It might indicate she is in love with him, but it may be just feelings for childhood friend. We know for sure, Medaka is interested in bishi bastard, otherwise how should she know that he has a nice handwritting?

Lets try to look from Zenkichi point of view. His relation with Medaka is not lovers, not even friends, but master - servant relation. He is aware of that, he calls himself Medaka dog. She is stripping around him, but masters do change clothes around servants...
Now some bishonen appeared, so pretty that all girls are stunned by his beauty. Althought Zenkichi technically has won, in fact he was pwned by Akune, 1 to 9 is not a victory... Zenkichi has got that 1 point, cause Medaka asked him to do it. And as a "reward", she introduced bishi bastard to the council. She told him, that she wants to work only with him, but he has to put some effort to get better position in the council. So by introducing Akune she is telling that she want's to work with him, and she consider Akune as a more formidable than Zenkichi.
I couldn't imagine how introduction of bishi bastard to council could help in Zenkichi - Medaka relation. I think Zenkichi consider himself not worth Medaka (I'm her dog, not I'm her friend), so how her acceptance for someone more handsome, stronger and (probably) better student could raise Zenkichi selfesteem? In almost every chapter someone told him, that he doesn't fit Medaka, normal people should be with normal people, geniuses with geniuses.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote