View Single Post
Old 2011-08-06, 16:37   Link #23653
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Yasu sees it that way, at least a part of her, that's why there are Shannon and Beatrice fighting over it.
"No, I truly love him, you mean old witch!", "Don't be ridiculous what do you think can come of it...what do you think he will say when he sees your body?!", "He loves me and I love him...you didn't even ever experience love!!", "I didn't experience love? Your just using him as an excuse!!"...
What appears like a bitch-fight is very easy to dismantle as Yasu being unsure wether George actually is the man she loves or just a replacement. If she was sure it wasn't that way, we wouldn't have the whole freakin' dilemma in the first place.
Of course. What I'm saying is that part of her feels one way and another feels this way.

Quote:
Which is pretty stupid you'd have to admit, because it would involve the police actually faking reports and giving out false information about the message bottle they found on the day of the incident.
Unless you say that Yasu survived and approached the police later on bribing them with the money that was left to release the second message bottle once she bribed the fisherman into telling that he found a bottle.
Uh...no? The police are entirely telling the truth. It's just that Yasu threw them out later than they thought. Dur.

Quote:
Which is not the only thing she did, but ignore the rest...that's okay.
Once you suggested Kumasawa deserved death for telling ghost stories I stopped reading that part.

Quote:
But she is passing moral judgement with her narratives, as is Tôya. The way they are presented within the stories is very much focused on both their worst faults and their most saintly aspects. The fact alone that she is killing them in their stories is prove that she has already passed a moral judgment somewhere in her mind...or why else would she confront Natsuhi in the end and shoot her in the head? Surely not because she has forgiven her would be mommy.
Everyone dies anyway because of PErson X, regardless of who that individual is. Assuming it's someone else, she takes their place in the narratives, and kills people for the reasons Person X did or something. The fact that she writes everyone inconsistently as both horrible and saintly shows regards more to her attempt to obscure people's true characters and give them moral amnesty.

Quote:
That point goes to you. It would actually makes sense, though it doesn't even need Genius-Yasu who knows about somebody highjacking the game. She could just be celebrating Battler's return with a murder mystery game, invites all the parents and cousins and sends letters with some money to the families because she doesn't need that much afterwards anymore anyway. And the message bottles were actually just a fun little prank.
You could actually construct a story without Evil-Yasu at all with that set-up.
MY ORIGINAL POINT ENTIRELY.

Aside from the Message Bottles part.

Quote:
Who said anything that the people on the island were doing it to troll Erika? Was that said by anybody on the gameboard?
Well, in EP5 and EP6, Erika is the detective instead of Battler. Why are they doing it if Battler is in on it both times?

Quote:
We in the legal department? Are you a lawyer, too?
And just because you dislike a theory doesn't make it the wrong theory. It's like saying that you don't believe in Agatha Christie's solution of a certain novel centering around the demise of a certain Mr. A.
I was making a joke. But psychologists and psychiatrists are often called in to do analysis on defendants and criminals. Y'know.

Quote:
Ange was not on the island in 1986.
Ange was 8 in 1986.
Unless you want to include never hinted amnesiac Ange who forgot her presence on the island, this is total bullshit (as you'd say). You can't counter a theory that can be made according to events in the story with a theory that has been actively disproven by everything within the plot.
I was joking, dude. You never read my silly Ange Culprit theory?

Quote:
It's almost always some "emo bullshit" and mostly never a genius murderer who kills only for being a genius. And it's actually a matter of perspective wether you can pity Yasu or not. I can. Does that make me a bad person? I think the people on Rokkenjima are pretty terrible people...not terrible enough to warrant murder, but it wouldn't be a tragedy if it didn't evolve into a terrible chain of misunderstandings.
And unlike all those examples, Ryukishi wants us to sympathize with and love Yasu as a character. All those above examples may be pitiable or sympathetic to a degree, but not to a degree of forgiveness like Yasu is given. Not to a degree of forgiveness as BATTLER GIVES HER.

If Yasu fucking killed everyone and Battler figured it out, why in the HELL is he breaking down into tears and telling her he's the one who did everything wrong, here? Why is he giving her a complete and total fucking moral pass?

Battler is a soft-hearted idiot but he's not going to condone the Rokkenjima incident just because he didn't bone her.