View Single Post
Old 2004-04-03, 05:14   Link #46
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Ok, I'm not getting totally involved in this "manga vs anime" or "manga has no story to begin with" argument. But with regard to this let me just say: just take it for what it is. Nowadays people demand a visible, coherent and teleological plot--like it's supposed to go somewhere with a purpose in mind.
tell that to the people in this thread who are trying to sell the story as something deep
and profound... that has good character development and actual plot
Huh...? Aren't you the one who used your view of the manga to condemn this anime series right off from the start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerssen
this is INEVITABLE... it isnt unfair.. it's completely justified... why? because without
the MANGA there would be no ANIME... i hope you agree that the ANIME's
FOUNDATION lies within the MANGA, and if the MANGA's story isn't exactly GREAT
where can the anime go?

my first post in this thread was basically saying that I dont see how the show has any real
promise other than it being a highschool fighting anime with fanservice... that being said
i already emphasized what it was going to be...and since the ikkitousen anime came out
first and that didnt was seen as nothing more than a senseless fanservice fighting anime
by most people, even if it was a guilty pleasure for some, my prediction for tenten
is bleak...
Ok... so now you are saying it is okay to use the manga to compare against the anime...

Whatever. Anyway, the people who are hyping (yes it is hyping) the series at the moment are those who enjoy the manga. What is wrong with them hoping that the anime may turn out to be as enjoyable as the manga for them? Are you in fact not letting your own personal biasness over the manga ruin the anime adaptation for you and trying to push it on to the others?
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote