View Single Post
Old 2011-07-27, 16:38   Link #333
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
What can I say, I find the state of the anime industry confusing at times.

You have studios going under/complaining about the state of the industry, and yet they completely ignore fans' continued (and in some cases long term) calls for continuations of some successful franchises, such as Full Metal Panic or Spice and Wolf. That the states is seeing both series in BD, and there are still new artbooks and figurines apparing in JP suggests the series is at least still generating reasonable revenue.

So then with this being the case, what reasons would there have been to of stopped their series (any series for that matter) at such an early stage. With how they made it, they should of realized it left people wanting more, and i am sure they had and probably still HAVE the funds to continue any series that had been ceased. If Spice and Wolf's anime continued with a season 3 RIGHT NOW (being released in Japanese) starting with book 4, then going to 6 (then in chronological order) The fanbase would go completely nuts and the ratings for the show would jump dramatically. it would be a win-win scenario.