View Single Post
Old 2011-09-16, 03:59   Link #23
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedxingx View Post
I know this thread is sort of old-ish with no apparent resolution, but I have been suffering similar problems - 1080 or 720 rez movies are played back with frame drops or not all frames are drawn to the screen (depends on your set up and which output like madvr vs EVR). It affects both CoreAVC, DXVA, and obviously nvidia cards only. It also affects all media players installed on my current setup. I have both 9600 GT and 250 GTS which are both affected in similar manner (obviously I swap between the two for testing this bug). I have windows 7 64 bit.

The problem usually appears after either installing a new OS or new drivers, probably caused by new drivers in either cases.

After using several debugging tools like GPUZ, I came to the conclusion there must be some misunderstanding between the video cards firmware and dnvidia rivers at boot up time. The card is not like set to devote enough resources for video playback somehow. My video engine load was hitting like 80% which I guess is saturation. I downloaded MSI afterburner, overclocked the card and then hit the reset button. I am NOT overclocking the card - but the video engine drops to 40% and I can playback 1080 movies smoothly. After rebooting computer, the problem can happen again - just start MSI afterburner, change the clockspeed, and then reset to default clock speeds. Fixes my choppy playback problem like a charm. The strange part games are not affected at all by this problem.
not to meant bumping old thread, but this post is such a lifesaver.

I try updating my driver again after several month, n the problem occurred again

I wonder why driver >260.xx have problem like this.