View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 11:55   Link #21012
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Least you Americans think you're the only ones who have right wingers nutjobs:

This Monday, the province of Alberta - which is kind of like the Canadian equivalent of Texas - is having a provincial election. Indications are the already conservative by Canadian standards Progressive Conservative government will face a stiff challenge from the new Wildrose party, which seems to be taking all the wrong cues from the Tea Party. For your consideration:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/can...148276205.html

The guy taking shots at the Edmonton school board for opposing homophobic bullying is probably the most distasteful to me, but I feel a special obligation to ridicule Mr. Leech's comment:

"When different community leaders such as a Sikh leader or a Muslim leader speaks, they really speak to their own people in many ways. As a Caucasian, I believe that I can speak to all the community," Leech said on CHKF-FM, a multicultural station in Calgary."

Mr. Leech is running in Calgary. 67% of Calgarians are Christian, 25% have no religious affiliation, and 2.7% are Muslim. In 2010, Calgary became the first major Canadian city to elect a Muslim mayor.
I'd be laughing my head off because that quote sounds like something out of Monty Python --- but the idiot Mr. Leech .... wow, that sounds like something from the late 19th Century ("white manifest destiny" garbage).