View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 02:55   Link #2109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, in the spirit of the thread, the latest game that has my attention is Fizz's Asanagi no Aquanauts. Only played through one route so far (that of the titular heroine, Mio), but I've been quite pleased with it on the whole.

Useless without pics, so...
Spoiler for Box Cover Art (Slightly NSFW):
Spoiler for LE/Pre-Order Goodies (Illustration Book, Bonus Disc Cover, and Telecard) (More NSFW than above):
(By the way, the School Swimsuit disc is a patch disc that simply converts all of the normal in-game swimsuits into school swimsuits, if that's your preference... It doesn't actually change any game files, though, so you can turn it on or off by just renaming the patch install folder.)

Shinova already posted a summary of the trial version, which is basically the first hour or so of the game, so I guess there's no need to repeat the basic premise. So I'll jump straight to impressions (I'll use two levels of spoiler tags -- one for mild spoilers/the first few hours-ish, and the another for comments about the end-game scenario/overall).

Spoiler for General Impressions of Premise and Characters (Light Spoilers only):
Anyway, from where I stand so far, I wouldn't have any problem recommending the full game to anyone who enjoyed the trial. I didn't feel it was necessarily quite as solid as a romantic comedy as something like Tsunagaru Bangle (which was a riot), and it doesn't quite have the writing chops of a big-name production, but it brings a lot of fun (if not entirely original) ideas to the table and combines them in a pretty decent way. Worth a look, anyway.