View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 11:12   Link #38
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Structural and Civil Engineer (Unlicensed, in university until my Masters and then get my PEO license (ontario eng. license))

So I don't have my personal $tamp yet ;__; (spelled with a dollar sign because the stamp is where all the dollars come from)

Office work:
- Deriving structural detail from Architectural dwgs
- CAD: produce dwgs for each floor, elevation and sections for concrete, block, steel and rebar
- Physics: Design connections and structures so they can support all the stresses and momental forces.

What I actually do:
- Copy and paste architectural DWGs, delete fancy shit, change the colors of lines and hatches.
- CAD: Copy and paste my previous 'standard/typical drawings' and change the name of the project at the bottom.
- Physics: Put in overkill designs that can survive a meteor because the budget is ridiculously high. No need for math.

Site work:
- Answer the questions from whoever in charge of construction because they are never literate of structural drawings even though it's their job :/

What I actually do:
- I don't go on site, I'm a newborn .

I love my work. The only time I use the internet is at work (except video games). When I'm off work, my time is spent on other stuff.

The only bad side of my work is getting in disputes with architects. But that is nothing compared to jobs like TECH SUPPORT. (I have so many friends who do that and man they are losing their life span).

30~38 hours a week.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote