View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 07:14   Link #7
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Since romcoms don't seem to be out of the question, might I suggest Lovely Complex?
Comedy duo about a taller girl and shorter guy? Count me in! Thanks for replying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Give Lamune a try. It's focused on a single girl and it's a pretty sweet romance. Very long-term sort of thing with a childhood friends elements. Some slice of life themes.
After looking this up on MAL I'm starting to like it enough just by reading the summary.

Quote:
I might actually recommend GoSick as well. There really isn't much of an element of romance, but there is a lot of coming-of-age and a very deeply developing relationship. It's also a great show.
Completed GoSick sometime ago already, but yeah it was quite good and the ending was great too. I guess I forgot to mention that one.

Quote:
Kaichou wa Maid-sama I don't believe had copious fanservice, but I'm sure there is some. It's a good romance/comedy regardless.
May give it a shot later.

Quote:
You've watched some somewhat broad stuff. Eden of the East is a very popular show for good reason. It does have a romance element and it is a show I recommend that everyone at least tries. Plus it's a bit wacky, in a great way.

If you like shows with romance being a very long-term thing, I recommend Crest/Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki/Monshou). The Lafiel and Jinto romance is like that of GoSick where it's more of a really deep developing relationship, but it's also very meaningful and the anime itself is a long-time favorite of mine. Plus Seikai no Senki has some cool ship battles in it, for if you like sci-fi.

Spice and Wolf might make a good choice since it's also a very long-term and building relationship. Personally, I stopped liking it after the first season pretty quickly. It's a good show though, and it has some interesting stuff in it in terms of economics!

I try to give a pretty broad list of recommendations when people list animes they've liked. I attempted to keep it limited to more long-term relationships but I ended up including a couple where the presence of a romance was somewhat subtle. A couple I didn't include were School Rumble, which errs more on the side of a comedy and is more for fun than for anything else; but nonetheless it's a popular one and it might be worth popping an episode or two just to see if you like it. I also mulled over xxxHolic, although romance really isn't much of a focus of the serious as much as the supernatural and coming-of-age themes; and again a very good one that might be worth a shot.
Thanks for putting a good amount of effort into posting this. Really appreciate it. Can't wait to finish several shows I've been putting off for a while now to get to these.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote