View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 16:36   Link #2936
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I believe Rukia made some reference to Ichigo looking like Kaien, but you can hardly make the leap from looking alike to being a human relation to a Shinigami lieutenant. As far as she knew, maybe Ichigo was his reincarnation. And we never saw either Shiro or Rangiku meet Isshin on Earth
if someone close to me was missing and then i wound up in their new house and his son looks a lot like his family and has similar and otherwise unexplained powers, i'd like to think that i could figure that head-scratcher out. let's not forget that ichigo not only 'looked' like the shibas. he was an unexplainably talented shinigami who became captain class in a matter of days. i think that's worth looking into at least as far as what his father looks like, but hey... i'm no detective. i'll leave it to the bunglers in SS

Quote:
All of this argument is fairly moot, though, until we see the end of this arc, and how Isshin is explained out of his captaincy. It may very well be that Kubo manages to come up with an explanation for his disappearance that covers all of your misgivings (hopefully without becoming too Deus ex Machina-ish). If not, I'm sure we'll be revisiting it, and I might be more on your side then.
well the bottom line is that it is whatever kubo wants regardless of what sense it makes. to me it's a blatant retcon that is not supported by anything

Quote:
That's just Kubo's crazy "Rule of Cool" powered power leveling. Isshin could do all that stuff simply because Kubo wanted him to be badass, and he's hardly been the first. Keep in mind that none of it actually did anything to Aizen. The closest anyone other than Ichigo or Yama-jii came to taking FKT!Aizen out was Urahara, and that only because he basically cheats like Aizen does. Everything else, from Isshin flicking him through buildings to Gin vaporizing most of his torso, was little more than a temporary inconvenience.
i disagree. just because isshin and gin didn't 'kill' aizen for good doesn't mean they fared the same as the captains who got one-shotted and beat down. aizen was actually killed (or close enough to it to risk aizen's life) by the isshin, kisuke and yoruichi combo (ultimately isshin's move), but instead of dying for good, he was resurrected as a stronger form and again this happened against gin (although gin had pre-planning and secret knowledge, it wasn't about strength like isshin was). point being isshin actually beat a form of aizen. aizen was just resurrected because he is immortal now. the 'normal' captains weren't capable of such a feat

Quote:
Which brings me to a different question. Urahara just calmly drops the knowledge that he's created this thing out of a human soul, yet no one seems to have a problem with it. Reminds me of that Venture Bros episode where we find out that some Dr. Venture invention gone wrong of the week is powered by the soul of a little boy, and he's like "What's the big deal?"
ha yea, well that's a different story. same logic as not killing aizen before he became immortal i guess
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote