Thread: Akagi!
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-12, 21:18   Link #63
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Yay the Akagi Thread is over 4 pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseur
juz curious, does he "cheats" anymore in the future, cuz it seems although he's a genius and all (could win most opponents w/o cheating) but he would care no less to incorporate cheating to gain an edge. i like the way all his cheats and bluffs manage to come to pass!!!!!
Tetsuya is the real cheater in Mahjongg.(Legendary Gambler Tetsuya is another rare manga/anime.) All about cheating.(In fact that's all he's practicing.)
Pretty interesting fact is that Tetsuya actually existed in real life. He is also featured in the Anime Akagi Guidebook,and said to be 16yrs older than Akagi.Akagi is of course a fictional character, but Tetsuya wrote about a certain person similar to the blind guy(Ichikawa) is in one of his books,so there is a possibility that there was a blind Mahjongg player in the Showa period.

Back to Akagi and cheating.. it won't be fun if I spoil everything right
Just One thing:Akagi rarely cheats with his opponents. In the later episodes to come,you'll see it will be almost impossible to cheat considering the rules set up. However, he WILL impress you.You can expect a lot from Akagi.Yes,and a lot of bluffing and smart moves to come.And he DOES cheat in certain occasions.(I loved him at episode 9)

It'll be interesting to see in the next episode how Ichikawa fights back at Akagi and his cheating.I kindda sympathized Ichikawa in the part when Akagi barges in,deals the Chung,bumps the tile,and faked it as dealing the Sha.That's another trick that's never attemptable unless your opponent's blind . Poor Ichikawa.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote