View Single Post
Old 2004-11-15, 02:04   Link #86
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Quote:
Wow. Now that is a huge collection! How much money did he spend on those? Oh my gosh.
Gashapon are really quite cheap at $2 a figure.It's only expensive if you are aiming for a complete collection of a set of figs at which you tend to get lots of extras.Now there are places you can get a complete set of figs at $20-$30 a set.

Then there are much larger version of Gashapon figs which comes in boxes instead of capsules with random figs in the box.Those are known as Trading Figures and cost up to $7 a box......
Well, he always tries to get a complete set, so there is a bit of a cost involved in that. Also, most of his collection are actually Trading Figures and ran him $7 and up. It goes up because many of the sets are limited runs that are hard to get in America. (He gets a lot of them on eBay.) Since he's got several hundred figures... let's just say that even at $7 it probably multiplies out to something slightly obscene.

I asked him what was the most he ever paid for a complete set of figures. He said that it was a set of Tsukihime figures that ran him $90.00 so I took a picture of them for everyone's enjoyment. (You can only spot them from amongst the collection photos if you look very carefully.) I don't know if they are worth it, but they are definitely very nice.
Spoiler:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote