View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 21:25   Link #23180
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

But you're approaching these reds just like last time again. You're approaching these as absolutely unfair riddles where common sense will result in the wrong answer and until ryukishi publishes an umineko dictionary, you would continue to question every single word possible.

The letters have always shown up inside one-winged eagle envelopes. Common sense says that people, including you and me, would refer to a letter and its envelope as 'a letter', not as 'an envelope+a letter inside the envelope'. It's kind of like calling a person as 'a person+the clothes s/he is wearing+any possessions that s/he has in her/his clothes'.

I get where you're coming from but rather than lacking trust, you're just completely skeptical about whatever is written in umineko as in the very definition of each and every single word. I understand that and I think it's good that you don't stop thinking, that you're not letting a single potential clue get past you but it's taking things a bit too extreme. Lambda was clearly trying to be as thorough as possible to cut down on all possibilities with her definitions of words like knock but you're picking at the words that she didn't define or didn't define thoroughly enough. If that's how it is, then like I said, wait for that umineko dictionary.

The reds could have been written instead using 'the letter and the envelope' and you would still be able to argue that nowhere did it say the letter was actually inside the envelope to begin with so therefore the letter could have been inside something else. Or better yet, it could have been the letter inside an envelope inside another envelope.
Or you could say there were more than one letter/envelope. There are no reds saying that there was only one letter/envelope and we've seen there are more than one of them. You already did it with the knock and the door before so might as well roll with it all the way through with the letters and the envelopes too. Maybe even include the servant's carts too. There are two servants for the anti-shkanon people so each servant could have pushed one cart. And for the pro-shkanon people, well, s/he has two hands so one cart in each hand (lol I can't believe I'm typing this). There were quite a number of people in the dining hall too so it makes sense to bring another cart to serve them with.
Every single one of Lambda's reds could then be dodged by juggling them between one of each item. 'Cart' could have referred to the decoy cart that didn't have the letter, 'knocking sound' referred to hitting any other door in the mansion except for the dining hall's, 'letter and envelope' referring to the decoy envelope that did not contain the letter and referring to the letter that was not written by Beatrice or whoever it was that wrote the letter.

Actually, if you really were skeptical of that scene/ryukishi, if you really lacked heart/faith/love/whatever that thing is called, then you would have arrived at the answer that it was all a lie. The knock, the letter, the meeting in the dining hall, all of it. Not a single red said there was actually a knock or a letter on the ground in the corridor outside of the dining hall.
I'm guessing you're not satisfied by that cop out answer (I'm not really satisfied with it either) but it's the most logical answer in this situation for someone who is skeptical of it. I'm actually quite surprised that Erika and even Bern tried so hard with this, almost as if they were overlooking the most obvious answer on purpose. I'm not really smart but even I thought of that immediately after Lambda started defining a single word like knock with pages of red.
Or maybe they did come to the conclusion that it was all a lie in the first place. They just felt unsatisfied with 'the whole scene is a fantasy' answer like us and decided to approach it in a game breaking way on the replay with Battler. We just weren't shown Erika and Bern's reaction when they first saw this scene without Battler.
Yopee is offline   Reply With Quote