View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 16:18   Link #819
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Interesting if true. It sounds right for sure, especially the part about Mikono being a bit endearing for trying so hard, but still being an accidental villain due to her airheadness.

My guess at a rough outline up to the shocking events, then: she won't get abducted next week, but the seed of going to Altair will be planted, and in particular Kagura's single-mindedness will appeal to Mikono, for sure. Some kind of shenanigans will go down during the slice-of-life episodes, leaving the already-insecure Mikono feeling even-more useless (and thinking that Amata's not interested in her anymore, either). Might be as simple as her completely failing to manifest an element, despite putting in tons of effort, and watching Zessica and Amata start bonding over their training.

Mikono will get an offer from Kagura (or perhaps directly from Mykage?) and *voluntarily* decide to go to Altair, sneaking away in the middle of the night. When she arrives @ Altair we'll get some exposition and backstory, and she'll decide to go through with the wedding (even if it means she'll die, or whatever) because by doing so she can save vega from the abductors. She finally gets her chance to be useful, yadda yadda.

Cue up the rescue arc, where stuff will really hits the fan. If it plays out roughly as outlined above there's a huge range of "shocking" ways it could go, including Mikono dying (potential rage from Amata and Kagura), Kagura dying (potential rage from Mikono and Mykage), and lord knows what other wild directions it could go.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd stick with the show if it deviated too far from the straightforward Amata-Mikono pairing; I'm not really shipping them per se, I just see this show as "simple fun", and if the romantic plots get too complicated or emo it wouldn't be "simple fun" for me anymore.
That's an interesting take on Okada's statement. However, I think something like this would be a little too dark for the show; killing off popular characters is never a good thing for a show that comes across as a colourful mecha story with some romance.

I usually like dark stories, but I'd prefer to know if the show is one or not from the get-go. Otherwise, I may end dropping the show.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote