View Single Post
Old 2008-10-20, 18:27   Link #233
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Of course I sound aggressive. 9 is more or less saying "Canon (or at the very least, the most widely-accepted interpretation of it) is wrong, this is what I think is right" without offering up any reasons as to why he interprets this portion of the series differently.

I would ask the same question of someone who read the novel and decided it was canon and tried to tell me that TSAB forcibly recruits mages off of Non-Administrated Worlds. "Prove it according to the anime. Where do you see evidence of this and how do you respond to the prevailing opinion/interpretation?" Perhaps there was a bit more venom in my tone than was necessary, but I would still like to see 9 back up his claims regardless.
Um. I did give my views and interpertations in why I think that the High Council is not just some secret corrupt group that controls the TSAB from the shadows. I kind of wrote a mini essay up there.

@Evangelion Xgouki

You do make some good counter points and I am sure that if we wanted to we could argue about this over a couple of days and have a big long discussion.
However my brain has been burned out today from a large AP Biology and AP US History test so I really don't feel like doing that.

For now I think I will just use the "we each have our own opinion" excuse to drop out of this argument for now. It is doubtful that either of us are going to change our views anytime soon and I need to use most of my brain cells for a big project coming up.

Maybe this weekend I will go and restart this if you wish.

DARN YOU SCHOOLWORK. Taking my time away from having fun debates with people.