View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 14:26   Link #2013
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Gp10 Skarner has been the 'regular' build for a long time. Reason for this is because pre-6 his ganks are meh, which makes the most of him just clearing his jungle till the 7-8 mins mark. Another is that he has no problem with clear speed, but with mana, which Philo helps with. Not only that, but Philo upgrades to Shurelya's, which is very helpful in getting the ultimate to work to its true potential. Finally, Shurelya's give CDR, which is almost as important to him as it is to Ryze, due to their passive.

Of course, you can build wriggles on him and max W first, but then you aren't taking advantage of his AoE clearing (ie. missing out on speed) and all the advantages above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
Also getting gp10 on someone like Skarner really helps him late game, HoG and Philo upgrade into good items for him and allow him to get his build off the ground even when his ganks are failing. He's also not a great early ganker, I mean, they have impact but they're not as good pre-6.
I use to go wriggles, but after the constant nerfing of it, I ended up not building now usually, my 'core' for skarner is Boots(Merc or Ninja depended on team), Wit's End, Sheen, and Frozen Heart. I do get Trinity Force at some point and will get Philo Stone early if mid needs blue sooner(though I generally prefer picking Skarner when we have vlad, kennen, morde, or some other manaless mid since taking more than first 2 blues helps him a lot), and I have to disagree about his pre-6 ganks, though you can't always get a kill, I can commonly force a flash against top or mid since they don't ward as early as bot does usually with his q slow and red slow. And HoG like I said before I disagree with because Skarner benefits so much more from Frozen Heart than Randuin's Omen, so I'd rather just pick up an early Chainmail than HoG.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote