View Single Post
Old 2006-10-30, 18:50   Link #64
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I'd stick with the series. It gets much better, and actually has one of my favourite anime endings. I was pretty skeptical at first, and dissapointed with the episodic, formulaic early episodes, but somewhere around 12 episodes in it begins to get really good. Once City 7 gets seperated from the fleet, it really hits its stride, and the last half of the series is pretty fantastic.

Actually, after having finished the entire series, I found myself going back and enjoying those earlier episodes a lot more. These days, I'm more likely to pop in an episode of Macross 7 than SDF (though Do You Remember Love? is still my favourite piece of the Macross franchise).

Dynamite 7 I found to be even better than the tv series, though shorter and with not nearly as much character and story developement. It does cut out a lot of the things I disliked about the tv series, such as the garish costumes, mecha, and alien designs. I dislike the VF-19 Kai Basara flies in the tv series, but I absolutely adore the VF-19P that shows up in Dynamite.