View Single Post
Old 2006-04-06, 13:32   Link #115
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
what so good about the first episode is that when you rewatch the episode after knowing the ending get you more laughters =D
Yeah the second time is even more hilarious! I'm getting too excited now. Somehow the premise works like a charm having us watch Haruhi's skewed idea of a movie through the scrutinizing eyes of Kyon (the actual film doesn't include Kyon's voiceover correct?). I can imagine how boring it will be if I'm a student watching the film at the cultural festival without Kyon's monologue, though if I'm attentive enough, I guess there's half a chance that I might recognize and enjoy it as it is... a parody of bloopers, fanservice, overused cliches and nonsensical plot devices!

Scenes like Mikuru stuffing the envelope between her breasts for no reason other than for fanservice, Mikuru's running bouncing 'loop' also for fanservice, the cat falling off Yuki's shoulder, Tsuruya burst out laughing at the cheesy dialogues, Itsuki carrying Mikuru off like a princess whereas Yuki and others 'disappeared' etc... they are all so amusing to watch. The parodies are so blatant and contrived but the effect comes out as totally refreshing and ingenious if you know what I mean.

Mikuru is another winner, who needs ass kicking mahou shoujos/ battle maids/ waitress when the clumsy version is ten times better. Gotou Yuuko's voice as Mikuru is moe~!

PS: The ED dance sequence rocks! Now if there's an enlarged version...

Last edited by Boukenxha; 2006-04-06 at 14:54.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote