View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 04:46   Link #92
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd just like to echo the earlier sentiment that this show is a different beast than True Tears or Ano Hana. It doesn't "have" to be like those shows to achieve "greatness". This show attempts an approach that showcases the mixtures of comedy and drama in its setting that, for me, is actually closer to real life than the two aforementioned shows have managed in their current states.

Yes this show isn't consistent in it's setting and it's tone, but that's exactly why I love it: it's not straight up drama or comedy all the time, instead showing that the lives of people isn't in a stagnant world of daily tribulations or daily wackiness. What it lacks in consistency it more than makes up for in dynamism, giving us human lives and the very varying events in it, which isn't only always sadness of gut-busting laughter. One of the reasons why I loved Toradora was because both the source material and Okada Mari knew how to blend both together and not getting trapped and pigeonholed into a specific genre.