Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 05:51   Link #240
Seiryuu

Haven't read more than one chapter, so I don't know what's coming. The moe is great at places I love the loli tundere brocon Utao. The relationship between that sort of character and a brother's busty, friendly love interest is awesome in all incarnations. Particularly when said love interest really loves cute things.
Also liking Suou. She's a real lolicon psycho-sadist.

The story is rather interesting, though it needs more time to build. It's shown enough potential for me to stay more than 3 eps. I generally agree that 3 eps isn't enough to judge a series, but it is enough to determine whether there's any merit to continuing, and any less is insufficient in most situations. I still worry a bit, because the style and mood still makes me think of shows like Narutaru, or even Bokurano. I have a bad feeling that the more I like a character, the more certain it is they'll die soon in a horrible fashion. I could definitely see Kyouhei being forced to take up the position of Seki again by Kukuri losing its adorable master. I hope that doesn't happen but somehow in a show like this that cuteness seems like a very unpleasant death flag.
Will be interested to know just what Kyouhei did in the past, how his and Aki's pasts are connected and what happened to them. I have a hunch that Kyouhei was something of a "leader" in his group of friends as a kid, and he led them into attempting something that they should never have done; I'd actually be surprised if Kyouhei wasn't directly responsible for some incident that both led him to run away and led Aki to snap.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote