View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 07:39   Link #417
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Someone (can't find the post) said that uniform was that of a upscale girl's academy: an excellent destination for Taiga to finish out at I suppose if she went to work things out with her mom.
You might be thinking of Gakushuin Girls High School, which is an upscale girl's academy - in fact, the one attended by princesses of the imperial family and, ahem, quite a few Japanese exchange students at my uni (including one princess in the recent past... hahaha). That would still be in Tokyo, however, so it is highly unlikely that Taiga went to Gakushuin considering that she didn't see Ryuuji for a year. The anime heavily implies that Tokyo is the setting: note that Ryuuji et al boarded the train at Shinjuku when they were going to Ami's summer house.

But as Houkaholic mentioned, that sort of uniform is now much more common as a middle school uniform (of ordinary middle schools, not necessarily upscale ones)... anyhow, there are lots of theories in this thread about Taiga's uniform, but it doesn't really matter in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuji, episode 14
If I touch Taiga this much, I should be the one most likely to find happiness. // But if it were true, what would Taiga do for herself to find happiness?
Now that I know the ending, I found those lines rather sweet. The one who touched Taiga the most got his happiness directly from her, and was also the one who gave Taiga her happiness.

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2009-03-28 at 07:51.