View Single Post
Old 2013-05-12, 04:19   Link #105
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I feel like both sides of this argument are at either extreme. males are on average more physically capable than women. and at the top of athleticism, men dominate women, just check almost any olympic record. that said, a woman who has trained would kick the crap out of an average man who hasn't. that's where sasukemaru lost me. but everyone else seems to fail to acknowledge the obvious truth that there is a difference between men and women... political correctness is indeed a horrible thing if you ask me. the naruto world is one in which everyone (ninjas) are trained. we're not talking about average people here but that's where chakra comes in

so all that said, in a world where chakra is what matters, it should bridge that gap. just look at sakura and tsunade. they are 2 of the most powerful characters because of their chakra control. the reason female characters in naruto generally suck is because kishi doesn't know how to write women (he also might just not care and i think he does harbor some slight misogynistic tendencies with lines like kurenai's father telling her she's only good for making babies, etc...)
Yeah, calling bullshit on a statement like "the strongest female fighter will get destroyed by your average male" is being politically correct

And what both extremes? As far as I can see, he's the only one on the extreme. As Hunter said, no one's arguing on your average male and female - although even then, you cannot make a blanket statement like that.

As you yourself noted, physical capabilities count for shit in Naruto, most of the time. So, inferring that physical superiority in real world would translate to combat superiority in Naruto-verse and calling it a "fact" is bullshitting to the extreme.

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-05-12 at 09:07.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote