View Single Post
Old 2007-03-22, 04:59   Link #19
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
Sounds very plausible to me. Btw. Google basically introduced the idea of using low cost computer hardware (commodity systems) on enterprise level server cluster architectures. They rely more on robust software instead of robust hardware.
However, the so called Google Filesystem uses chunks (approx. 100Mbyte size per chunk). And what each machine does with data in such chunks, is basically sequential reading/writing. Therefore, this is not quite a good comparison to extremely random reading/writing applications like bittorrent (especially if the files are not preallocated and randomly scattered over the disk in the process of downloading).
Excuse me with all the post I'm Once again lost....Um you said that when you format a drive it's not stressy is that still true? And if you format install windows reformat its still not stressy?

And you also said that [The chance that it is going to happen in sustained usage over a long period of time is just much higher (server-class disks will be more robust regarding sustained stress).] does that mean that your hard drive is in the line even if your downloading bittorrent 24hrs?

One more thing does disk defragment prevent your drive from getting a bad sector and make the files stable so that the arm does not move too much

One more thing when you format a disk and install a windows in it does the arm move fast or slow?

Oh yeah after I did the format thing I need to transfer the files back to c to d is it still safe to do so?

Last edited by toru310; 2007-03-22 at 05:27.
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote