View Single Post
Old 2013-11-13, 12:46   Link #6
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The only positive thing about the new change is that comments are no longer limited to 500 characters. Everything else is just either bad or worse. I don't like how recommended videos aren't really recommended anymore, but just random videos from people I already watch, and the recent Google+ thing is something that still rubs me the wrong way, and something I accepted reluctantly. Also, from what I understand, you can no longer comment on older videos because they apparently forgot to make the comment system backwards compatible. That's just stupid.

And Google probably doesn't give a rat's ass. I remember the enormous outrage when they changed the layouts of the user pages. For weeks, people were on their high heels complaining about it, but pretty much everyone eventually accepted it, whether they wanted to or not. Google simply didn't care. Their way was the right way, their users be screwed. I'm sure nothing will be done about this and (some) people will eventually reluctantly accept it.

It's a shame that there aren't really any viable alternatives, other than perhaps Dailymotion, though at this rate, that might not be for long. And then it's probably just a matter of time before DM sells itself out as well and the whole cycle starts anew.