View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 23:42   Link #1190
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
In order to get your books into stores, you have to have the stores request them. For them to request them, that's due to either the store getting requests for them to stock and/or people selling the books to the stores themselves. I believe the combination of PV/anime has helped push the KA Esuma label to be better known by the stores as well as increase demand for the novels themselves. The two Chuunibyou novels have been in the top ten selling bunko books on JBOOK all week, so they're selling well. The KyoAni online shop is still taking orders, but they're out of stock until the end of the month. Demand is definitely increasing, and they've increased the number of stores twice since the beginning of the month. If I was on my home computer, I could update the list of stores with the ones added on Thursday.
Thank you once again for the insight. I think the out-of-stock is an interesting situation. Perhaps they don't have the production backend to actually keep up with the sudden demand. That means they didn't aim very high? But maybe that's for the other thread.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote