Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-02, 23:14   Link #6005
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Thanks for the figures. Yeah, it does show that the Ooarai relied HEAVILY on the Stug III and the PzIV for their encounters. Not surprising, as they had the reliable 75mm guns. Okay, the Lee also has a 75mm, but given how it's positioned on the side sponson, its utility is relatively diminished.

I had to chuckle at the B1 bis' role amounting to "mobile cover".
The Lee's 75mm was also useful for blocking off earlier Panzer III and IVs attempting to flank around by hitting their broadside when they exposed their broadside while making the attempt, thus forcing them to face enemies head on, giving them time to close distance, or make themselves more vulnerable targets.

But yeah, the Sherman quickly came into service as well as the upgraded Panzer IV, Tiger, and Panther and the Lee was quickly pulled back (more of a stopgap measure than a main tank).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote