View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 10:44   Link #1028
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You said yourself, the world powers who actually run the known world are completely untrustworthy. Yet they still run the world. So why should trust matter when CB is concerned?
Maybe because they have people behind them that are actually voting to choose their leaders in a democratic manner ?
They have legitimacy to run the World, which doesn't mean they are the best in what they are doing.

Quote:
CB was entirely trustworthy. But in politics the fact that you stick to your guns is something to mock and laugh at. The world powers lied and cheated to their own people to lay a trap against CB.
We watchers, who have seen a lot more of CB than any of the AEU, Union or HRL representative has ever seen, still do not know the real agenda of Celestial Being.
Again, the real world has already flirted with terrorists and we can't say it ended well (Bin Laden being unfortunately the best example).

It is not sticking to their guns : we say the 3 power blocs rule the world, but it isn't like there isn't a billions of civilians behind them and it is not like they were running by dictators eithers : like in most democratic countries of the World, there is a lot of ministers, advisors, etc... the role of these governments is to run the country and to protect their people.
Even if they lied to other countries, it was to protect their countries own interests : again, probably that every developped country in the real world has its own top secrets programs that may even violate one or two treaties...

Quote:
While CB willingly walked into annihilation because it wanted to keep its promise.
Quote:
All this declaration that CB is some sort of evil force that needed to be wiped from the face of the Earth, yet so little evidence to support it.
As an individual and watcher, I sympathize with CB's cause, but if I were in the seats of the persons having to decide to either trust or not trust CB when doing a mistake could mean the death of many people in my country, I would be very careful.
After all, CB is the organization having maniacs like Alejandro and Livonze in its rank... even if meant to stay true to its colours and never betray its ideals (which we have no guarantee of), you wouldn't be safe from maniacs wanting to take advantage of the organization.

I'm not saying CB is evil, just that it *may* be and that this *may* is reason enough to be careful : like I said, I sympathize to their cause as an individual, but what they did so far shows no reason to trust them (terrorist methods, etc).
When you see them with through the eyes of logic rather than through the eyes of ideals, you see there is a significant problem as to how much you can trust them.
It is a bit like not accepting candies from stranger : candies are good, but the stranger giving them may not be... where candies are world peace and the stranger is Celestial Being (which really is a stranger they don't know anything about after all).

PS: Yeah, wingdarkness inspired me with his pancakes analogies.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote